Add a bit of crunch to the menu with these cereal based recipes.
1. Milk And Cereal Breakfast Popsicles
2 cups Fruity Pebbles Cereal
3 1/2 cups milk
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
Note: You will also need popsicle molds and popsicle sticks.
- Put the fruity pebbles in a bowl and pour the milk on top.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes allowing the cereal to soak up the milk.
- While it sits, place two scoops of vanilla ice cream in a bowl and leave until it melts completely.
- Combine the cereal, milk, and ice cream in one bowl then pour the mixture into the popsicle molds.
- Leave in the freezer for 45 minutes, then place a popsicle stick in the middle of the mixture in each mold.
- Put them back in the freezer for a couple of hours until completely frozen.
2. Honey Oat Cluster Cookies
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups honey oat cereal
1/2 cup almonds, halved
1/2 cup dried blueberries
- In saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, then add the brown sugar, honey, and salt and stir until well combined and starts to boil.
- Switch off the heat, then add the cereal, almonds, and blueberries and stir well to coat all components evenly.
- Pour 1/4 of a cup of the mixture into each muffin cup and press them down firmly.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until they set.
3. Peanut Butter Puff Chocolate Cake
For the cake
1 egg, beaten
1 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cups flour
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup hot brewed coffee
1 cup Reese's Puffs cereal
1/8 cup chocolate syrup
1/8 cup caramel syrup
For the chocolate peanut butter frosting
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1-2 teaspoons hot brewed coffee
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees and combine the egg, buttermilk, and vegetable oil in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, then add the coffee to the mixture and stir it in.
- Pour the batter into two cake pans putting around the same amount in each one.
- Bake for 25 minutes then leave until it cools down.
- While it cools, combine the milk and sugar in a saucepan then add the butter and bring to boil.
- Switch off the heat and stir in the chocolate chips and the hot coffee until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter in spoonfuls and stir it in until smooth.
- Take the first cake and smother the top with the chocolate peanut butter frosting then sprinkle a handful of the Reese's Puffs cereal on top.
- Take the second cake and place it on top of the frosted cake then top it with frosting and cereal as well.
- Top the cake off with some chocolate and caramel drizzle.
4. Crispy Chocolate Shake
1 cup chocolate crispy rice cereal
6 cups vanilla ice cream
1/3 cup milk
2 Tablespoons chocolate sauce
1 tablespoon mini marshmallows
- Put the chocolate crispy rice in food processor and pulse until it becomes fine chocolate dust.
- In a blender, combine the chocolate dust, ice cream, milk, and chocolate sauce.
- Pour into large glasses decorating the top with a pinch of chocolate dust, marshmallows, and cherries.